Hi, Japanese Foodies!
Today I wanted to share something different and special,
Okonomiyaki is a Japanese savory pancake.
We usually use cabbage.
Ingridients for two:
Okonomiyaki powder 1 cup
& any topping you prefer
pork belly, shirmp,
squid, beef, noodles.
We added noodles and shrimp!
1. Put the water the powder and the egg
in a bowl and mix together.
2. Add the chopped kale and green onions.
Mix it with a spoon.
*The key is to have not to much batter left
at the bottom of your bowl.
add more kale if you feel there is too much batter.
3. Pour the 2 onto a hot plate heated to
approximately 200 degrees C.
And spread out to a circle with 2cm thickness.
4. Wait about 3 minutes to add the topping to the top.
5. After the bottom is cooked turn it over
and add a lid so it can steam cook until the bottom is cooked.
6. After it’s done put it on a plate and add some sauce and Mayonnaise.